Surprisingly good results on AA110 with NBR9.10 so far

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pierre, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Pierre

Pierre

Well it's very fast! Much faster than Linpus for some reason. It feels more responsive.
    Of course the wireless on/off LED doesn't work, but the right wireless LED does, so it's nothing bad. Webcam is recognized out of the box.

Not sure about the SD cards yet as I'm running it live from the USB stick... but when I pop it in in either slot it doesn't see it. I'm hoping this would be corrected in a real install but I'm not so sure. If I'm 100% sure that at least one of the slots works just fine without the need to boot with the card in, I'm pretty much sold!

Pierre, Nov 7, 2009
  2. Pierre

magnumopus

Yes I agree 9.1 has been a surprisingly good move. I had tried Kuki and a few others and while each was good in their own way only Ubuntu 9.1 has really worked without any problems. As for the wifi light, this like Kuki only works when data is being transferred which can be annoying, so it is about 50% there. I can say through that the Apps available from the Ubuntu Software centre and the packge manager are way cool, it beats the hell out of the options available from Linpus. The only issue I have had there is with one library not being available. In general I would recommend 9.1 for any normal user who is looking for a Linux experience which works, plus if you add the Midori browser to the mix (which I am using now) you get a much faster browsing experience than under Firefox Sure Midori is not perfect but for light browsing even with Flash works brilliantly for a 0.1.9 release.

Cheers,

rod

magnumopus, Nov 7, 2009
Ask a Question