Synaptics kext

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by suntool, Apr 6, 2009.

1. suntool

gregedwards

It seems that the top area of the trackpad is a 'swipe area' which enables back (right to left) and forward (left to right) funtionality when using a browser. (I guess the trackpad is too small to get the proper macbook 3 finger swipe to work!) I couldn't work out what was happening at first, but now I know it's there, I actually find it useful and quite like it.

I think the problem is the pad is so small it's easy to accidentally 'swipe' back or forward when you just want to move the cursor. But chill out and move the cursor a little slower and it's not a problem.

gregedwards, Apr 14, 2009
  2. suntool

semis

I really miss the function that the cursor movement is cntinued when the border of the trackpad is reached. Maybe the voodoo .kext will work better, i'll try.

semis, Apr 14, 2009
  3. suntool

cybershrike

Works perfectly for me, I barely ever move the mouse more than a few mm if I can avoid it

cybershrike, Apr 14, 2009
  4. suntool

scutter

:?: Anybody else have the same problem as me?
    I have installed Vista Home Premium and my pointing device keeps freezing?
    I have tried to un-install, load latest drivers etc.
    If I plug in my wireless mouse, then sometimes it works again???

{:mad:>

scutter, Apr 21, 2009
  5. suntool

azz2811

how do i uninstall programs in osx? and how do i uninstall the ffscroll?

thanks

azz2811, Apr 21, 2009
  6. suntool

Naiw

Hello all,
    The reason the trackpad stops working in a dual booting environment (ie. the cursor stops to work in windows)
    Is simply because the driver reconfigures the trackpad- When I developed this driver it didn't occur to me that people actually use windows as well ;)

Seriously however, You need to turn off the ABS bit upon shutdown to have the trackpad go back to normal mode; I didn't have windows installed on the machine (MSI Wind) (which didn't have a synaptics touchpad for that matter); so it never occured to me that the trackpad wouldn't get reinitialized on a warm reboot.

As I no longer have access to any netbook running MacOS X, I'm unfortunately unable to fix this the proper way; a WORKAROUND for now however is to shutdown the computer (so you do a cold reboot, the hw will get reinitialized on poweron) and it shouldn't be a problem anylonger.

I'm sorry for the inconvinience; as I said if someone wants to fix this on their own the solution is to turn off ABS mode (you do that by flipping approperiate byte in the modebyte, then you have to submit the new modebyte- I suspect the best place would be at the Stop routine)

Naiw, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question