Sync across linux/xp platforms?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Like quite a few others, I am thinking of migrating from my laptop to an Aspire which I will use when on the move. This must sync with a desktop in the office. Key requirement is general file syncing (where I currently use Live Sync), but I would also like to sync mailboxes and calendars. So my question is: what alternative applications are recommended to perform these functions between Linpus and XP? Mozilla Suite and Google Apps seem the obvious place to start, but I am unsure what is possible. Any advice welcome.

Guest, Jan 1, 2009
  2. Guest

markh

I use mozzila thunderbird for email and sunbird for calendar, both of which sync with gmail/google calendar, and I'm quite happy with. There's a file syncing app called Unison available from the acer download site, which will sync files between linux and xp over a network, but I've yet to get it set up, so I can't comment.

For further syncing, using firefox on both machines with the foxmarks add-on lets you sync bookmarks and passwords.

markh, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question