system hangs when using mythfrontend

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mvsjes2, Oct 2, 2008.

1. mvsjes2

mvsjes2

At NCIX in Canada, there's an option to buy the 120G HDD with linux limpus for $339CDN. I immediately put Kubuntu Hardy on a separate partition using the AspireOne Ubuntu wiki and installed mythfrontend. It drives my 37" LCD TV out the VGA port and works great. (I bought this unit to double as a near silent front end and a portable device when I'm away from home.)

I have one major problem I haven't been able to solve however. While I'm watching recordings in myth, at some point (10s of minutes or up to some hours) the video suddenly scrambles or I get a blank screen and the system hangs.

I've gone through every log in /var/log and my myth frontend logs and I see absolutely no reason for this - no warnings, no errors, no nuttin.

It doesn't seem to be overheating since the case is only barely warm even after hours and hours of use.

So now I have a problem in that I don't know if this is flakey hardware or flakey software. I have all the latest updates installed.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can track this one down? I love this little machine and I hope I can solve this since everything I have done with it so far has gone so very smoothly...

mvsjes2, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question