System recovery doesn't

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mobile1, Nov 17, 2008.

1. mobile1

mobile1

My Aspire One froze up on me, so I did a hard reboot. Or at least I tried. Despite several retries I couldn't get past the start up screen. I tried all of the reboot options. Finally, I gave up and decided I'd have to go for a system recovery (alt + F10) even though that would be a major inconvenience. I took a breath and hit the keys, the screen said it was entering the recovery environoment, and then nothing much happened. I haven't been able to boot up again.

I did try a Ubuntu linux CD and it worked. However, it reported that my C-drive has 0 bytes ("Unable to mount the selected volume.") That was not very confidence inspiring, but I've never tried using linux before and may not be using it properly.

Anyone else having a problem with their Aspire shutting down or the system recovery feature not working?

mobile1, Nov 17, 2008
  2. mobile1

juersio

I had exactly the same problem. My AA0 froze and wouldnt start anymore, i went to the shop and returned it and they gave
    me a new AA0

juersio, Nov 17, 2008
  3. mobile1

mobile1

I was thinking of a more "technical" solution, but I may have to try that if no one has a better idea!

mobile1, Nov 17, 2008
Ask a Question