system recovery with no partion help please

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cansoko, Oct 29, 2010.

1. cansoko

cansoko

acer aspire one d150-1625 netbook

need help quick :). so my situation is this, i have acer aspire one d150-1625 netbook which recently crashed, i couldnt get the OS back on it, so a friend tried
    1/ he put on ubuntu
    2/ there no recovery/backup partion anymore
    3/i dont have external dvd or acer recovery disc

so ive been trying to download recovery disc and put it on usb and boot acer usb, but nothing so far. so wondering if anyone can give me a step by step guide how to get it back to the factory default with windows operating stystem via usb dont really wanna have to go and get an externial dvd. so based on that info....

1/ what files or programs will i need to recover the acer back to factory default with windows os using only usb
    2/ i have a 4gig and 16gig usb memory

thanks for any help if you could give me complete steps from start to finish, from every file and progrms, and from when i turn on my computer. thanks again.

cansoko, Oct 29, 2010
  2. cansoko

Penny16

Did you manage. I've got the same problem. What did you do?

Penny16, Jan 5, 2011
  3. cansoko

donec

You don't mention which Windows you had on your acer aspire one d150-1625 netbook but since I have a D150-1920 and it came with Windows XP (now runs Win 7 Home premium) I'll assume you are working with XP. Here is a site that may be of some help but you will need to either borrow a CD/DVD player or use some ones computer to create the USB drive....
    http://liliputing.com/2008/04/install-windows-xp-on-mini-note-usb.html

donec, Jan 5, 2011
Ask a Question