System setting changes not permanent

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ostkamp, Nov 25, 2008.

1. ostkamp

ostkamp

Hello,

I have just got my A110X yesterday. I have some trouble regarding keeping changes to system settings permanent.

In particular, I went to Start - Control Panel - Display settings / Designs (sorry if the wording is not accurate, I am on a German WinXP here and don't know the English terms for that) and tried to change the design style to "Classic style".
    Then I can hit either 'OK' or 'Apply' and I can see it visually change for all the windows etc.

My problem is, that after the next shutdown and following reboot, the settings are mysteriously returned back to the original ones.

Can someone try this on his/her Acer and let me know whether this works for him/her?

I am out of ideas. I already deinstalled the McAfee security suite without luck. I also found that 'system recovery' is turned off and I cannot turn it on again (Drive C: is marked deactivated and I don't know how to change this).

How is this setting looking on your systems?

Thanks for any hints.

Regards

Guido

ostkamp, Nov 25, 2008
  2. ostkamp

fzaba1721

It could be the launch manager program that resets your settings. Try removing it from startup.
    Launch manager gives you the on-screen indicators when using the Fn buttons.

If this fails, disable the Windows Theme service. That will definitely do the trick.

fzaba1721, Nov 25, 2008
  3. ostkamp

ostkamp

I exited the Launch manager in the task bar once, then applied the changes and rebooted. Now the changes appear to be permanent.

Thanks!

Regards

Guido

ostkamp, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question