tab under 4 lights

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by bjlockie, Jan 24, 2009.

1. bjlockie

bjlockie

I'm putting the keyboard back and the tabs got stuck in.
    I fixed 2 but how do I get at the tab on the left side under the 4 lights?
    The clear plastic things looks stuck on.

bjlockie, Jan 24, 2009
  2. bjlockie

j0sefK

Same problem here, exactly. The 2 "normal" tabs came back to their position after a little struggling, but the tab under the leds is just unreachable... just hope somebody has gone through this same problem and found a solution!

j0sefK, Jan 26, 2009
  3. bjlockie

morrislee

I just did this myself yesterday, what you have to do ssi remove the keyboard and the top cover, look under where the tabs are on the other side of the cover, you will see the tabs are just stuck in side, what you have to use is a small flat head screw driver, just push it out .

morrislee, Jan 26, 2009
  4. bjlockie

fleong

I pulled up the black tape, then pulled just hard enough on the clear plastic fingers to slip a small screwdriver under to flip the tab back. I think that one of the plastic welds did break, but it does go back together.

fleong, Jan 27, 2009
  5. bjlockie

danmac

I just took the clear plastic off. Came away cleanly and easily.

Once I was done I simply applied some hot glue to the connection points and voila! No more problems :)

Have done this several times now, just can't stop tweaking ;-) The hot glue is good because it peels off with a fingernail and a little force.

best of luck
    Dan

danmac, Feb 18, 2009
  6. bjlockie

woofer00

You don't even need hot glue or adhesive. I was just very careful about pulling the plastic off the tabs cleanly and reseating it properly, and let friction take care of the rest.

woofer00, Feb 18, 2009
Ask a Question