Terrible Acer support experience.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by shanghei, Jun 25, 2009.

1. shanghei

shanghei

I love my acer netbook. I had nothing against Acer until I dealt with their customer support.

I contacted acer when I noticed a green vertical line on the side of my screen. The lady walked me through a bunch of steps then finally told me to send it to acer for repair.

I packaged the box with about 4 inches of bubblewrap on both sides.

When they received it took few days and they finally responded with:

"Dear Valued Customer,

This letter is in reference to system serial number referenced above:xxxxxxxxx

Acer’s out of warranty charges for a cracked LCD are as follows:

$199.00USD + Tax for more than one or more major components (includes an LCD)

Per our inspection team unit arrived with a cracked lcd. The standard warranty will
    not cover cracked lcd.

Unit will return unrepaired by 05/29/2009, should we not hear from regarding this
    matter.

Please call 866-616-2237 and reference service id: xxxxxx "

I am still under warranty, but either way I looked up ebay prices for acer lcd and its around 50 dollars. So I told them to just send me the computer back.

They respond with;

"Dear Robert,

Located the pictures of the system and reviewed the warranty end which is 10/2009. Would like to offer reduce fee of $125.00USD. Will extend the COB to 06/02. Should we not hear from you the system
    will return unrepaired.

Thank you,"

Im glad I didnt take their first offer, either way they just realized my computer is still under warranty and offer me a reduced price which is still not what I wanted. So I tell them to send it back.

So I finally receive my netbook.

There is NO padding in the box. It is shrink wrapped to cardboard and thats it. It is missing all four rubbert feet on the bottom and the screen is completely destroyed.

That is ridiculous.

shanghei, Jun 25, 2009
  2. shanghei

garrovick

I normally insure items I send in for repair. I bet Acer did not crack the LCD, but the shipping company did.

You should of got the feet back though.

garrovick, Jun 25, 2009
  3. shanghei

judeh101

complain to them! which was what I did, and tell them that your netbook is still under warranty. Explain to them!
    I did that, and I got many things replaced :p all for free! :eek:
    My cracked LCD screen, lcd cable, bottom part of the chassis, my 2 rubber feet, noisy fan, fix broken keyboard.
    That's right, I convinced that it was their fault, and they've agreed to replace all those parts. :lol:
    Now, if I can only convince them to give me a new recovery disc...

judeh101, Jun 27, 2009
  4. shanghei

CMMartin

CMMartin, Jun 30, 2009
  5. shanghei

KiNG

good job there happens to be an acer aspire one user forum :p

KiNG, Jun 30, 2009
  6. shanghei

shanghei

I officially hate acer and will not buy another product of theirs.

They refused to do anything about screen and will not ship me replacement rubber feet.

Worst customer service ever.

shanghei, Jul 2, 2009
  7. shanghei

shanghei

Your powers of convincing must be greater then mine, the hillbilly on the phone was rude and not helpful.

shanghei, Jul 2, 2009
  8. shanghei

DutchDK

Don't fall for the ruse and be rude back. Just ask him to escalate the case, and let you talk with a level2 tech, or his supervisor. Insist, but be polite.

Also a good thing to do when talking with tech support lines, is to have a memorecorder or taperecorder running, and tell them at the start of the conversation, that you are taping the conversation, in order to have documentation on what has been said.

DutchDK, Jul 2, 2009
  9. shanghei

judeh101

hey, you have to CONVINCE them

judeh101, Jul 3, 2009
Ask a Question