Terrible battery life.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kentris, May 19, 2009.

1. kentris

kentris

When I first got my AAO 150X, I easily got about 2hour 30minutes on average on the battery.

Now I'm lucky to get 1:30 :cry:

I took my AAO in for repair because it developed a thumb-like imprint on the screen which the bastards didn't even fix and I haven't had time to get it repaired again because of a PXE problem upon coming out of hibernation.

They upgraded the BIOS for me, which removed the two lower levels of brightness. Wasn't bothered by this.

From BatteryBar at the moment:

Capacity: 19,691mWh
    Discharge Rate: Usually around 12,000 but has run up to 15,000 for quite a significant period of time.
    Battery Wear: 19.4% of 24,420
    Full Life Time: 1:26

This is the 3-cell battery.

I'm planning on getting a 9cell battery but just seeing if I can remove the problems first before getting one.

Any ideas?

kentris, May 19, 2009
  2. kentris

Forone

I didn't have high expectations of Li battery lifespan after owning various Toshiba and Dell laptops - they've all substantially deteriorated within a year and soon go down to a few minutes after that. My Acer's now 9 mos old and getting about the same life as yours. I still disable the webcam and ethernet via A1ctl, and around the house usually take the battery right out and store it rather than run it up and down. I looked at the nine cells but given my own limited use and travel patterns with this little "extra" PC, I'd rather just pack the AC block and take a chance on finding plugs than lug around a big battery with the netbook looking like a pimple on it. When the time comes, I do plan to look for a six cell.

Forone, May 19, 2009
Ask a Question