Terrible Battery Life

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aquafloe, Jun 2, 2009.

1. aquafloe

aquafloe

I have the 160GB 1GB Ram version, and I can't get decent battery life from Windows 7 Build 7145. I haven't timed it, but I can't be getting more than an hour (battery levels indicate 1:45 on a full charge, but it's not that long). I've tried everything I can think of. I turned down the screen brightness, disabled LAN, turned off WiFi, set visual settings to performance mode, disabled the page file, and tweaked the "power saver" profile. After all that I MIGHT be getting an extra 15 min. I'm also using a 1GB SD with readyboost, could that be having a negative effect on the system? If I can't figure out how to at least get 1:30 out of it, I'm going back to XP. There's no advantage in running Win7 if it can't be pretty. :) Does anyone know how to increase the battery life? Is there any specific Windows 7 build that's better for battery life?

aquafloe, Jun 2, 2009
  2. aquafloe

tankster

What kind of apps are you running?
    How big is your battery (3cell or 6cell)?

wish i could help more, but my 120gb/6cell is running great with win7. consistently getting over 6hrs with casual web browsing.

tankster, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question