The great big battery thread - US edition 10/28

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by violajack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. violajack

intensified

Weight? Re: The great big battery thread - US edition 10/28

Hello All,
    I read through the thread before posting. New AAO convert here. Got my father one with a 6 cell, my daughter a 3 and me a 3. Here is my question. I have my AAO so I can have a personal machine for work travel (I have to test various network configurations and need a machine I can boot into whatever I need). I will carry both the work assigned luggable and this. I have a severe back injury. I am REALLY trying to cut back on my bag weight. Are the 9 cells /that much/ physically heavier than the 3? Am I looking at adding a full lb more weight? Doesn't sound like much, but walking with a cane and traveling a lot, every ounce counts. I do use a Verizon Card though as well as a wireless mouse, so I am doing the 3 cell no favors....

intensified, Feb 12, 2009
  2. violajack

ronime

Unsurprisingly, the 9-cell pack is approximately 3 times heavier than the 3-cell pack. The 9-cell uses the same type of cells as the 3-cell, just 3 times as many.

If you place your 3-cell pack in a bag along with your father's 6-cell equipped AA1, you should have a very good idea of what kind of weight you would be carrying with a 9-cell setup.

ronime, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question