The Perfect Vista Installation

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lameguest, Nov 29, 2008.

1. lameguest

lameguest

This thread is locked and no longer supported

Please look at viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7795 for an up to date information. Thank you.

Hello, i just bought a One 150L enhanced with 320 GB HD, 1,5 GB RAM and a six cell battery. Of course i want Vista installed on it ! So I've done it 'almost perfectly' !
    Here are some advices:

Install the version you prefer, from home basic to ultimate, from a Vista SP1 DVD, (you may choose if you don't specify an installation key when prompted to do so), then download and install, in this order:

The Intel Chipset Installation Utility, from http://www.intel.com, version 9.0.0.1011 or later.
    The Intel 945GM/GME Graphics Media Accelerator for Vista, from http://www.realtek.com.tw, version 15.8.3.1504 or later.
    The Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver for Vista, from http://www.realtek.com.tw, version 2.09 or later.
    The Realtek PCI-E 10/100 Ethernet NIC for Vista, from http://www.realtek.com.tw, version 6.213 or later
    The Atheros WLAN Driver for XP from Acer, at support.acer-euro.com, the latest version available here.
    The Jmicron Card Reader Driver for XP from Acer, at support.acer-euro.com (you must insert a media into the readers to perform installation by wizard, do not install the application included, nor use the setup program !)
    Leave the webcam work with Vista default driver (tested with Suyin CCD)
    The Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Vista, from http://www.synaptics.com, version 10.1.8 or later
    Finally the Launch Manager Application from Acer, at support.acer-euro.com

Then personalize it as you wish !!

Results guaranteed !

See you soon.

lameguest, Nov 29, 2008
  2. lameguest

GvidoR

GvidoR, Nov 29, 2008
  3. lameguest

Mopeto

Installed vista a month ago, most of the drivers installed from default and windows update, no need to search for most of them.

Mopeto, Nov 29, 2008
  4. lameguest

lameguest

lameguest, Nov 29, 2008
  5. lameguest

GvidoR

GvidoR, Nov 29, 2008
  6. lameguest

Modred189

What does the acer launch manager do?

Modred189, Dec 2, 2008
  7. lameguest

FehHkk

Vista Ultimate 32 works great on mine as well. :D

To get Aero working, you definitely need the latest Intel GMA chipset drivers. Works perfectly.

The webcam works perfectly with the stock drivers that Vista installs, same for the Realtek audio.

FehHkk, Dec 2, 2008
  8. lameguest

lameguest

It seems to me that Launch Manager only displays superimposed messages when you change volume by fn+cursor keys, or switch wlan on and off, plus some other function available via the fn key. Rather useful, though.

lameguest, Dec 3, 2008
  9. lameguest

lameguest

Hi to all,

If someone has followed my guideline installing vista, I have a question for you.
    Is your internal mic working ? On my AA1, only an external mic is functional. I wonder if this depends on the latest driver by realtek (2.10 now) or on the lack of a proper webcam driver. On an XP installation (not on my One, but an identical one, with Suyin cam), internal mic works and is wired on the realtek audio input channel.

Has anyone tried to install the XP Suiyn Webcam driver found on the Acer site under Vista (for model equipped with this cam, obviously, you can check by VID and PID values on the Hardware Manager) ? And eventually, this lead to proper internal mic working ? Or does your mic work great, with any hardware/driver combination ?

GwidoR, can you help, please ?

Thanks for the attention.

lameguest, Dec 5, 2008
  10. lameguest

FehHkk

Yes, it works in mine. It shows up as a High Definition Audio Device in the Computer Management applet.
    I didn't install any drivers for audio, as Vista installed the drivers properly via all updates.
    Tested it with Skype.

FehHkk, Dec 5, 2008
  11. lameguest

hafiz

im using drivers for the sound and camera from my other laptop (acer aspire 4310) you can get the drivers from the acer-euro site. so far webcam and internal mic works without a glitch. i think the issue might be the vlite-ing process. p/s, how do you get the synaptics for vista drivers to work? i crashes in my system, as for now, im using synaptics drivers for xp with the touch app set to xpsp2 compatible mode to avoid any unnecessary crashes, multi-touch (pinching) and chiral rotate works, but im still eying on vista native drivers.

hafiz, Dec 6, 2008
  12. lameguest

hafiz

you might want to change the title to "my crappy vista installation" perfect means everything is working. yours is just another newbie brainfart. your installation is no guide and people had been installing vista and testing its stability way before you even bought your unit. be a bit more humble next time. asshole.

hafiz, Dec 6, 2008
  13. lameguest

lohtse

Eeeer these comments are very uncalled for and offensive.... Am new to the forums myself and have to say it's this kind of verbal violence that pushes people away....... PLEASE think before you type and be more constructive....

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 6, 2008
  14. lameguest

hafiz

well, if we call shit by any other name it'll smell as bad right? so i dont see whats wrong in me commenting. c'mon, do you really think a dude that had just bought his unit has any authority to GUIDE people for a *PERFECT* vista installation that fails? perfect? this is more like a spam. a lot of forumers had a full 2 months of headstart on aspire one. we have been installing vista on it way before it reachers the shelves in US or the UK. do you see anybody brag about a *PERFECT* vista installation? do i need to read crap like this? :?:

hafiz, Dec 6, 2008
  15. lameguest

lameguest

Snafuz, maybe you should be right, but the "bon-ton" definitely doesn't belong to you.

Moderator, what about kicking this guy off ?

Love and peace.

For the urban people, i've managed to load Suiyn cam driver from Acer via the hardware manager, and it works better than ever, but internal mic still doesn't work. Maybe an hardware related issue, I don't know.

See you later.

lameguest, Dec 6, 2008
  16. lameguest

rory

Maybe it wasnt worded right, but he is kindof right. no need to hve a thread thats called perfect vista installation when its not perfect.
    Thread locked!
    Rory

rory, Dec 6, 2008
  17. lameguest

uncle joe

Hi everybody,

I'm new to your forum, there is a few months i'm using your forum for tweaking an aspire one (8gb ssd), I've just bought mine there is a few days.

I've add 1gig of ram (ddr2-533) and split my hdd in three (Linux : 10gb, Vista : 50gb, Storage : 60gb)

About driver list given in top of this thread, Lan Realtek driver link gave me a driver thats don't work with vista (won't start : code 10), I've found this driver for vista :

By the way direct links on Realtek FTP asks for password and user account :
    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... Down=false

About Synaptics Multitouch touchpad for vista the best software is here : same version for XP & vista 11.1.4

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/a ... .1.4.0.zip

Enjoy your netbook ...

PS : Great Job for this forum.

uncle joe, Mar 2, 2009
  18. lameguest

wongnog

wongnog, Mar 20, 2009
Ask a Question