There has to be a better way!!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Banny706, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Banny706

Banny706

I have used pyNeighborhood before and it worked before and for some unknown reason, it doesn't work anymore. I can scan a group and my workgroup name comes up but I am unable to scan it. I manually Add Machines and their IP addresses get added when scanned. When I scan machine, the network shares will not come up and I get failed to scan message. Some particulars:

WinXP machine and Win7 machine on network. Used to be able to scan WinXP with pyNeighborhhod and have not been able to scan Win7 machine although it's IP address shows up when I add machine.

My pyNeighborhood settings:

General-mount folder = /mnt/lan (all permissions set), anonymous logins
    Network-Always use msbrowse (checked), client command = msbrowse, lookup command = nmblookup, try to retrieve IP address (checked)
    SMB-disabled
    CIFS-enabled with commands sudo mount and sudo umount
    File Manager-Thunar

I am able to look at shares on WinXP machine when I mount the shares as per http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/09/05 ... page4.html

There has to be a better way to do this than pyNeighborhood and command line trickery with Thunar. I like Nautilus way with network machines showing in file manager and all you have to do is double click the share to mount it.

Help me please.

Banny706, Jan 26, 2009
  2. Banny706

solpuerto

solpuerto, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question