Those familiar with a1ctl.rar

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackdashack, Oct 16, 2012.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

Call me a slow one ~ okay you didn't have to do that! ":-D I have fooled with this rar file mentioned above off and on for over a year. Several times at least. Finally today I decided I was going to conquer it. I found a program to extract it, 7-Zip, and now the files are extracted in it's own folder. I still do not see anywhere to run it or a file that runs it. I don't see any differences or icons on the tray? What gives with this program. Why can't it be made a little clearer for us morons how to run it. So how do I? Again, I have the extracted files but I see no file with and extension to run a1ctl. Thanks so much for any advice! jack :eek:

jackdashack, Oct 16, 2012
  2. jackdashack

ryptyde

Should be a "a1ctl.exe" in there somewhere to run it.

:)

ryptyde, Oct 18, 2012
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack

I did a search, last 7 days becuase I know it was within then. Nothing came up with a1ctl.exe. Many other files extracted but not that one? ?? and a ??? Jack ":-D

What conditions have I had that no exe file would have been present?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    jackdashack, Oct 19, 2012
  4. jackdashack

ryptyde

Maybe you had a bad/corrupt download or "7-Zip did something funny.
    Did you d'load the file from here http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/ under "Download latest version:" "Version 1.0" and not the "sources" ?

ryptyde, Oct 19, 2012
  5. jackdashack

jackdashack

I wanted to get back, as we all should when we've been helped, and let you know that I installed another unzip program. This time the exe showed up and for the first time after fiddling with a1ctl off and on for over a year I have it working. It's a good program as most report. I thought that you could control the use of the CPU with it but I don't see it or perhaps do not understand it. I'm not sure what 800mhz and Dynamic means. Maybe that's a CPU control of somekind. However I have the program and thanks so much! ":-D jack

jackdashack, Oct 25, 2012
Ask a Question