three broadband dongles

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by rugbydaawg, Jul 17, 2008.

1. rugbydaawg

rugbydaawg

does anyone know a hack that will get my 3 network dongle to work with my lovely new blue A1,i have spoken to Three and they tell me that they're not compatible but apparently it should be straghtforward for a programmer to reconfigure, my dongle is the huwewa e220 model all advice appreciated ps complete linux newbie here

rugbydaawg, Jul 17, 2008
  2. rugbydaawg

lotus49

If you are using the standard distro, I am not able to help.

However, if you are using Ubuntu I know that is does work because I also have a Huawei E220 and it works fine. You can do it manually using wvdial, but I wouldn't bother there is a much better way.

Vodafone have produced the Vodafone Mobile Connect Driver for Linux which you can find here -> https://forge.betavine.net/projects/vodafonemobilec/.

I know you are on 3 rather than Voda but I am on T-Mobile and it still works flawlessly and is dead easy to setup.

lotus49, Jul 18, 2008
  3. rugbydaawg

msdb

Hi there
    I just purchased a ACER ASPIRE ONE A150 and I am actually using my THREE DONGLEE220 HSDPA MODEM so they do work .
    I connected it and installed it with no problem .
    voila

msdb, Aug 28, 2008
  4. rugbydaawg

disneysw

disneysw, Oct 20, 2008
  5. rugbydaawg

lotus49

I now have a Vodafone Huwei E172 and this is even easier running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex.

Just plug the adapter in and it is auto-configured. Once that has finished just click on the network manager applet and select 3G network and off you go. It could hardly be easier.

lotus49, Oct 27, 2008
Ask a Question