Thunar USB Automount problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Kabo, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Kabo

Kabo

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've tried to search for info but no results.

I've recently bought an AAO, with Linpus installed. My intention was to plug a USB hard disk with NTFS to have additional space and share files in a network.

After some research (my Linux knowledge is very low) I've managed to have Samba working and sharing the HD, and I can write / read from it. May seem very easy for a lot of people but when you don't know anything this is huge :p.

The problem is, my mother language is not English, and some of the files contained in the hard drive have letters or symbols strange to English (I'm Spanish). When I plug the HD, Thunar succesfully recognizes it, mounts it and I can use it with no problem, the HD is shared and everything, but any directory or file with Ñ or something like that is not shown. If I umount the HD from Thunar, and then I mount the drive from a terminal manually, then the files are shown. I've read a lot of places suggesting mounting the drive with my locale string, but I want Thunar to do it, since it is easier for me and I would like to avoid editing fstab. In fact, I have like 3 HD drives shared, and Thunar mounts them with a nice specific name under "/media/MUSIC", "/media/DOCS" and "/media/PHOTOS", no matter what sb* it is.

I would like to know how to tell Thunar to mount the HD with my specific local. I've searched for hours and nothing :(.

Thank you in advance.

Kabo, Apr 30, 2009
Ask a Question