Thunderbird address import failure

Discussion in 'Networking' started by joj141, Jan 4, 2009.

1. joj141

joj141

Hello,

I have tried to import my contacts both from a csv file and also from a vcf, but the import fails. I exported the data from Google and also from OS X address book and it makes no difference. Then I tried to import from Thunderbird for OS X and it does not recognize the above contact files either. Can anyone help?

If it is just not possible then I would be glad to try another email client if anyone has a reccommendation. The email client included with the Aspire one is hopeless (slow to compose) and I wouldn't dream of manually entering hundreds of addresses!

Thanks, JOJ

joj141, Jan 4, 2009
  2. joj141

markh

For gmail contacts, download this add-on: http://www.zindus.com/ which syncs your tb and gmail address books - very handy.

Thunderbird ought to import .csv files out of the box, so I'm not sure what's up there.

Edit: an unofficial add-on which allegedly gives vcard imports here. Caveat: I haven't tried it, it could be out of date, crap, or full-on malware!

markh, Jan 4, 2009
  3. joj141

joj141

Thanks a million Mark. Zindus did the trick. JOJ

joj141, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question