thunderbird and firefox3

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bjlockie, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bjlockie

bjlockie

How do I replace the menu for email and web browsing to launch thunderbird and firefox3?
    I want to delete the acermail thing and firefox2.

bjlockie, Oct 21, 2008
  2. bjlockie

tokyoturnip

If you have already installed Thunderbird and FF3, do a search for group-app.xml, that will the file that you will need to edit.
    What ever post you find should also hint that you need to point to the .desktop files of those apps.
    Sorry, I am too lazy to search myself, so I just pointing you in the right direction.

tokyoturnip, Oct 24, 2008
  3. bjlockie

jonchalk

Want to install Firefox 3 on your Acer one's desktop?

Simple: go to this blog and follow the instructions, which are very clear and concise.

http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/inst ... e-one.html

I highly recommend you do copy and paste and also hepful if you have another computer with the same blog in front of you so you can refer to it incase your Acer One is interrupted for any reason.

I am still in the early stages of learning the various linux packages out there.

Yes, the console is a bit intimidating, but the instructions on the blog is very easy to understand. As you just need to copy and paste. You do not need to fully understand the strange commands. But with time, learning, and practicing often, you will soon understand the meaning of those commands.

Good luck.

:D

jonchalk, Oct 27, 2008
  4. bjlockie

mooseca

Did you get this figured out, if so I also need help with this? How do you get the shortcut on the desktop?

mooseca, Oct 28, 2008
Ask a Question