Thunderbird problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Stoker, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Stoker

Stoker

Hi

Some time ago I installed Thunderbird on my Acer Aspire One running Linpus and it has been running successfully until today. Now when I try to download an email I get an error message "Unable to write email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disc space to copy the mailbox."

Using Dolphin I can see that the permissions are -rwxr-xr-x the owner is user and group is root. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

MozillaZine Knowledge Base suggests that it I might need to compact the inbox but when I try this I get an error message "The folder "inbox" could not be compacted because writing to the folder failed. Verify that you have enough disc space and that you have sufficient write privileges to the file system."

As there is 7.3Gb free on the memory card where the email files are held I feel it must be something to do with file permissions.

The most recent change that I made to the system was the installation of realplayer which was done last night- Maybe more than a co-incidence!.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stoker, Apr 28, 2009
  2. Stoker

Stoker

Hi Again

I've temporarily solved the problem by relocating the Local Folders and see that there are different permissions on the new files e.g. inbox is -rw-------. I'll try changing the permissions on the original files.

Stoker

Stoker, Apr 29, 2009
Ask a Question