Thunderbird TLS Connection?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jeffyeh, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jeffyeh

jeffyeh

Hey all! I'm proud to say that I'm the new owner of an Acer Aspire One! I got it a few days ago, and turned on advance mode, installed Skype and Firefox3. Soon thereafter, I found that the RSS Reader and Email client wouldn't start However, I don't need the RSS Reader and I decided to go ahead and install Thunderbird.

Now, I have Thunderbird installed, but when I try to access my college email, it doesn't do anything. If I turn off security authentication, it tells me that the server I'm trying to connect to requires authentication in SSL or TLS, but when I go ahead and turn it on, still nothing happens. By nothing happens, I mean that I press "Get Mail" and there's no indication that the program does anything. Anyways, thanks for reading, any help would be appreciated!

Jeff

jeffyeh, Sep 11, 2008
  2. jeffyeh

ouchla

Hello,
    I have just installed Firefox 3 and my Email/RSS works fine.
    In this post http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2856,
    there are some solution to save both Firefox 3 and Email/RSS in Aspire one.

Also, I am accessing my college email on Aspire One.
    And I feel that the builtin email client is easy to setup my email account. :D

ouchla, Sep 12, 2008
  3. jeffyeh

sebhoe

Hi,
    same problem here. Thunderbird 2.0.0.16, IMAP, SSL or TLS, no reaction. No window asking for a password. Any new ideas?

sebhoe, Sep 19, 2008
  4. jeffyeh

Guest Guest

After having so much trouble with the installation of Thunderbird I reinstalled linux, installed a new key as explained here:
    http://jorge.ulver.no/2008/08/06/acer-a ... leShooting

Then installed Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 from the fedora 8 repository before I even went ahead and installed firefox 3 and others.

Everything is working well now.

Guest, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question