Tiger OS 10.4.? install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by bingggo, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bingggo

bingggo

Hi folks,

I have done a successful Leopard install on my AAO, but am interested in trying out a Tiger install if that's possible. Has anyone had any success, or tips re installers that I can try out and report back on?

Cheers. B

bingggo, Aug 19, 2008
  2. bingggo

rory

The big name ones if possible, Kalyway, JaS etc.

I don't thing anyone ahs used tiger though, only leopard. I have the space for leopard just about so I don't see the advantage of Tiger, got an ext HDD for all the stuff I need.

But fair enough sometimes you do need space onboard the SSD.
    Rory

rory, Aug 19, 2008
  3. bingggo

2manydjs

I have finally found a Tiger release that installs on the AAO. The main advantages are smaller footprint (about 2,5GB) and less need for memory (important if you have 512MB).

So far a lot is not working (as expected..) and I've even broken the system by installing an ethernet driver. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow to fool around a bit more.

Please check my weblog for more information on this release.

2manydjs, Sep 30, 2008
  4. bingggo

2manydjs

This release does not have the correct UVC driver and PS2 driver, which means webcam and touchpad and keyboard do not work correctly after install. These drivers should be copied from another release. I have tried the PS2controller.kext from another release and it works fine.
    The instructions for Leopard (described here) are not working in Tiger, so no audio, video and ethernet support for now..
    What’s not working (long list)

Ethernet
    Webcam
    Airport
    Sound
    Native resolution/ QE / CI
    Sleep
    Card reader

It seems for video and ethernet the problem could easily be solved by upgrading the kernel, however newer kernels seem incompatible with the system. (as the MSI Wind has the same problem, I guess it has something to do with the Atom..)

More information is included in my blog post on the subject.

2manydjs, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question