Timezone issues with multi-boot?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by illafam, Jul 28, 2009.

1. illafam

illafam

I multiboot Windows 7 and OS X 10.5.7... the only issue is they seem to read the system clock differently.. IE if I set timezone options in both OS... when I boot to one OS it willbe right, but the other one will be off... or vice versa? Its like they read the bios differently?

illafam, Jul 28, 2009
  2. illafam

mvil

Either one of the OS is in a different timezone or one of them is set in Summer Time.
    Check the time settings (country, timezone, etc...) in both Windows and OSX and make sure they match.
    The BIOS time is only taken as a reference and sometimes an adjustment (like summer time) is added to the the time taken from the BIOS.

mvil, Jul 29, 2009
  3. illafam

tieitsch

I have the same problem. One of them is always 2 time zones behind the other one.. Triple boot: 10.5.7, Windows 7 and 10.5.7 (for tests, updates etc.)

tieitsch, Jul 30, 2009
  4. illafam

MoonDog

I asked the same question a while ago.. check this out:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11046

At the time I believed I followed the link and somehow arrived at a script to adjust the time each time OS X boots/shutdowns... When trying to run the script there was something that didn't work and I didn't pursue to try to fix it...

If any of you find a way that works please let me know!

Regards,
    MoonDog

MoonDog, Aug 1, 2009
  5. illafam

illafam

I'm pretty sure i have set the timezone correct in each OS. Unfortunately I was messing around with partitions and pooched my Windows 7 install. Just as an FYI I'm on +8 GMT, and +8 GMT has no DST.

illafam, Aug 6, 2009
  6. illafam

ahovis

ahovis, Jan 25, 2010
  7. illafam

yohko101

theres also a kext for it. i've seen it floating around on the ipc install dvd or the atkos dvd (10.5.6 dvds)

yohko101, Jan 29, 2010
  8. illafam

vegajf51

a quick and easy fix is to disable automatic date and time updates in OS X and then set the time zone for Reykjavik -Iceland( the key is it is GMT and not UTC) now have windows automatically set the date and time according to your actual time zone. There you go, correct date and time in both OS's

vegajf51, May 3, 2010
Ask a Question