Tiny xp rev 09 boot from USB

Discussion in 'Windows' started by poro, Sep 16, 2008.

1. poro

poro

hello... is there anybody who can explain a newbe like me how to get the tinyxp rev 09 to work whit boot from USB.
    i have tried different things like copy all files to usb (2GB) but its saying there is not enough space . i have also tried this way http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/instal ... thumb.html
    but it seems like i cant get it to work that way either. when i have to push 1(Press 1 and then enter. A folder browse window will open for you to browse to the location of you XP setup files (aka your cdrom drive with xp cd in)) it cant find windows xp sourcs files

please somebody help

thanks Morten

Ps. i have now a full Xp prof. installed on my AA0, 8Gb , 512Mb ram .......................

poro, Sep 16, 2008
  2. poro

goofball

You can't do it that way because the TinyXP creators used nlite and removed the manual installation files.

If you use nlite and you have the original XP Source files, you can create your own disk with the options they have removed using their "lastsession.ini" file.

goofball, Sep 17, 2008
  3. poro

poro

Okay thanks.... i have just reeded in the way to happy xp bla. bla. bla. that people have don it whit tinyxp rev 09 (but maybe they have a USB HD or CD)

poro, Sep 17, 2008
  4. poro

Daijoubu

I wouldn't use ANY of these reduced XP, these people removed stuffs that you may or may not need and isn't tailored to your needs
    Plus, you don't even know what exactly they removed
    Until the day you try to do or use something to only find out whoever made tinyxp though peoples have no use for such thing and removed it and you're left with no ways to install it...

If you're thinking about using nLite to strip it down yourself, you also gotta be carful and not remove something you may need, this happened quite often with the EEEPC. They'll ask on the forum why X isn't working while they either used an tiny or whatever XP or nlited themselves... :|

Daijoubu, Sep 18, 2008
  5. poro

DiSK

It is quite easy to use nLite. The descriptions are good, and you can use Google. If you seriously don't understand, then just leave it. Most things are removable, without losing any functionality.

DiSK, Sep 19, 2008
  6. poro

wickid

Hi poro,

Any luck trying to get TinyXP rev09 installed?

regrards

wickid, Nov 2, 2008
  7. poro

goofball

goofball, Nov 2, 2008
  8. poro

wickid

Thanks

wickid, Nov 13, 2008
Ask a Question