tiny7 mobile broadband won't connect

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aspiredone, Oct 30, 2010.

1. aspiredone

aspiredone

Hi

I have just installed tiny7 rev02 and bought an Orange mobile broadband contract. The dongle is a Huwaei E1572. The dongle seems to install ok but I cannot connect to the network. Orange tech help tried to talk me through setting up a manual connection and asked me to open control panel / phones and modems but it won't open and tells me that I may have trouble with Telephony.
    I am wondering if the necessary code to run a mobile dongle has been removed from tiny7.
    Has anyone managed to get Orange mobile broadband to work with tiny7, please ?
    BTW previously I had tinyXP on the computer and that wouldn't even allow the dongle software to install properly.
    Thanks

aspiredone, Oct 30, 2010
  2. aspiredone

chatty

In the creating of tiny7 some files critical to the working of mobile dongles were removed.
    I had the same problem with a friends aspire one!
    In the end I had to put him back to tinyxp for the dongle to work.

chatty, Nov 12, 2010
  3. aspiredone

Swarvey Moderator

If I were you I'd be ditching the Tiny 7 in favor of a full Win 7 install, if that works, then you could probably start trimming down the Win 7 image with RT7Lite to customize it as you like and remove anything you won't need.

USB Broadband dongles work on the same prinicpal as mobile phones. But the phones have only necessary software built into them for connections. On a computer, the operating system needs all components related to a "Dial-Up" connection. It's still broadband, but as far as the computer's concerned it's just a really, really high speed dial up modem connection.

Swarvey, Nov 12, 2010
Ask a Question