Tiny7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yohko101, Aug 27, 2009.

1. yohko101

BrandonMB

Also would be important to mention that if you want to go through another install, Rev01 has these services and other enabled by default and has fixed a couple of reported bugs. You will still need to go through the link above to get WMP up though, as it isn't installed by default in Rev01 either.

BrandonMB, Sep 9, 2009
  2. yohko101

jegeringen

Hey guys.
    I was sendt to these forums by one of the crew's over in the MAC department.way
    I found this thread about Tiny7 and got interested, since my "normal" install of Win7 RC was working extremly slow on my Acer One.
    I have the acer one with 11.6" screen, and Win XP installed as default. AO751h.

After installing Tiny7 the machine is much quicker, boot time is WAY shorter, and the reaction when trying to open programs is also much better. Even the "snap" function where you move windows to the side or top and automaticly rezise it works like a dream.

I noticed that Hibernate went away after installing Tiny7, but i fixed this by running a command in CMD. Found a guide here: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-enabl ... windows-7/

But i also miss the option to dim my screen. I cant use the shortcuts on the keyboard to adjust the brightnes. I dont think it is the "FN" button that dont work, becouse i can adjust volume, mute, turn touchpad on and off, so it seems to be only the ability to adjust brightnes that has died.
    Is there any easy way to get this option back? I tried downloading chipset drivers from Acer's website, but they did not help.

jegeringen, Sep 9, 2009
  3. yohko101

TRUTI

I had the same issue on my AOA110, when it was running off the battery. When I connected the power cable, The feature was enabled. May be something to do with Power Management settings.

TRUTI, Sep 10, 2009
  4. yohko101

jegeringen

I did not seem to find any options regarding the hotkeys to dim the screen.
    Hmm

jegeringen, Sep 11, 2009
  5. yohko101

guycross

anyone up?

been waiting 15 minutes on the "completing installation screen"

gonna go for a shower and see what's netty (my natbook's name) is up to when I get back

g

guycross, Sep 12, 2009
  6. yohko101

guycross

okay, so i am running and happy with my w7 install...
    is there a list of tweaks to make - I have updated my vga driver..

what else?

guycross, Sep 12, 2009
  7. yohko101

BrandonMB

Just reinstalled Tiny7 with Rev01 this time, and the Flashpoint driver, and I have to say that it is amazing. Windows Experience Index shows the drive (the slow 8GB SSD) at 5.2!
    After install, there is 4.1 GB remaining. Standard install included the VGA Driver and Audio automatically. I strongly recommend this install.

BrandonMB, Sep 13, 2009
  8. yohko101

TRUTI

Hi All,
    I've been using the Rev01 of Tiny 7 and its amazing. The Tablet PC is removed. I have a touchscreen installed. Can someone tell me how to get it back?

TRUTI, Sep 13, 2009
  9. yohko101

furrybandit

This would be the BEST choice for any aspire owners.
    Tiny 7 runs GREAT !! and easy to load.
    used a few of BrandonMB tweeks and all is good.
    best NON choppy vid i have had, lots of HD space left, and NO frezzes..
    click and go using AREO also no problem .
    it seems most drivers will be fetched during updates... :D :D

furrybandit, Oct 13, 2009
  10. yohko101

AirWick

Hey ho,
    is the Media Center included there?

AirWick, Oct 15, 2009
  11. yohko101

furrybandit

NO, but there is a fix to install it
    But just use VLC player, it plays eveything, more than media player does :D

furrybandit, Oct 15, 2009
  12. yohko101

AirWick

I know about VLC but I just want it for connecting to my XBOX 360. :)
    How to install it? Thanks. :D

AirWick, Oct 15, 2009
  13. yohko101

furrybandit

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Tiny7
    by BrandonMB ยป Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Here is the download link for WMP 11 and the registry edit to get it to work. I know that the link looks sketchy, but I can only say that it worked for me and doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Feel free to check my profile and you'll see that I've been around for awhile so I'm not trying to screw anyone.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iaevtxyewxe

furrybandit, Oct 15, 2009
  14. yohko101

AirWick

Thank you but is that the whole Media Center or just die Windows Media Player?

AirWick, Oct 15, 2009
  15. yohko101

BrandonMB

There is no Media Center in Tiny 7, it is removed in order to save space. That being said, Windows Media Player 12 is included in Tiny 7 Rev 01. This means that you can then turn on Media Sharing from within Media Player and then go to the Media Sharing in your Network and Sharing Center. If your Xbox 360 is turned on, you should see it as a device, and you can then allow sharing to it. On the Xbox, you will see the Media Player computer as one of the sources you can connect to in your media panels.

BrandonMB, Oct 17, 2009
  16. yohko101

AirWick

Okay thank you. Is there a way to update or do I have to format and reinstall the whole system?

AirWick, Oct 17, 2009
  17. yohko101

BrandonMB

Unfortunately, you have to do a new install. Wish I could be more helpful than that. On the good side, I found that the Windows Update in Tiny 7 Rev 01 works perfectly, it updated my drivers, security patches, etc.

BrandonMB, Oct 18, 2009
  18. yohko101

iamnoob

Does tiny7 delete the manufacture recovery thing(is it a driver or what is it).

iamnoob, Oct 19, 2009
  19. yohko101

BrandonMB

I would recommend simply formatting the entire SSD as NTFS and blowing away any other partitions that you might have. As to recovery, I would suggest looking for a copy of Hiren's Boot CD, it has a bunch of incredibly useful tools, including Norton Ghost. Using this, you can boot your system using the CD and create a Ghost image of your entire drive once you have it set the way you want it. In case of a need to reinstall, simply restore the image.

Let me know if users here aren't aware of how to use Ghost or Hiren's Boot CD, and I can put together a quick tutorial if there is enough interest.

BrandonMB, Oct 19, 2009
  20. yohko101

iamnoob

That would be great for people, like me, who knows nothing and is worry about switching over to win7 or tiny7. I am still some what fearful of switching over since I'm looking to dual boot it with iatkos 5i 10.5.5. It's like my first time riding a bike, haha, I'm scared!

iamnoob, Oct 20, 2009
Ask a Question