tinyvista issue

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jair2k4, Oct 21, 2008.

1. jair2k4

jair2k4

installed tinyvista and changed the serial key to a legit one i had. It seems very stable to me, have been using it for about a week. Here's my problem:

My windows experience index is blank. There is absolutely nothing there. I have researched this and you are supposed to be able to fix the problem by changing 2 reg keys, but those keys are fine. I also read that winsat.exe is responsible, i have downloaded a copy of winsat, and it still doesnt work. Anyone know what the deal is? performance monitoring icon doesnt exist in the control panel either. Please help.

jair2k4, Oct 21, 2008
  2. jair2k4

Veazer

It was my experience that TinyVista has been overly thinned down and some functions don't work properly or cause crashes. I am using friend's TinyVista machine right now to solve some issues he's having. If he clicks the burn button on Media Player, it crashes. If he tries to use the add/remove windows components feature in control panel, it complains of missing components.

TinyVista is a superb concept but it would be better if it included extensive documentation and VLite config file used to create it. It would allow others to make legitimate versions and re-add components when issues arise.

Veazer, Oct 21, 2008
  3. jair2k4

jair2k4

Can anyone with tinyvista confirm this?

jair2k4, Oct 21, 2008
  4. jair2k4

netLIGHT

Just started using TinyVista. Experimented with it a little bit, installed some programs to see how they'd run, and am in the process of doing a fresh install to use it for at least a couple of weeks.

Let me answer the Index score bit. That seems to have been completely taken out. In fact it's impossible to even get to the "Performance" window. So it cannot calculate your performance index. Sidebar was taken out. So don't bother looking for that, either. (At least in my TinyVista install it was... I'm using rev02)

That said, I didn't notice any problems with instability. I wasn't trying to burn anything either, so that might be an issue that I will never actually have to deal with.

I was using Vista nLite that was very stripped down, although not quite as much, and although I think it booted about 10 seconds faster than TinyVista, it didn't go into standby or return from standby nearly as fast. Which is important to me, since I rarely turn off my computer throughout the day.

Hope that helps a little bit.

netLIGHT, Oct 22, 2008
  5. jair2k4

Veazer

Strange that your vLited booted faster but standby was slower.... i wonder what causes that? Can u startup media player and see if the Burn button causes a crash for u?

Sidebar can be added later, i've seen it floating around the torrent scene. Works on XP too.

Veazer, Oct 22, 2008
Ask a Question