TinyVista v02 SP1 working on FAT32

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Getting Vista working on FAT32 is not "Rocketscience", but it's a nasty trick and took me into a battle with the AAO. But persistance and trying different routes to do so payed off . Finally this morning Vista booted and working. I need to test the hardware if it is working, in the other posts here on TinyVista I read about issues).

It is still slow, but!!! i didnt install any AAO drivers yet and additional tweaks to speed it up on the SSD. So in the comming days I hope to suprise myself :eek: with a smooth and speddy TinyVista on the AAO with a SSD.

If and when somebody went through the same route and have some tips for me please give me a note! :p

PS
    I'm not a Vista person imo XP is still the best MS made till now. This project is for fun :p

Guest, Oct 3, 2008
  2. Guest

nunomeneses

Re: TinyVista working on FAT32

Great news! I'm using your xp image and i'm 100% satisfied but i want to give a try with vista... ;)

nunomeneses, Oct 3, 2008
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: TinyVista working on FAT32

Well not allowed to supply warez here. Anyhow a hour later now and Vista is faster already :mrgreen: It looks that the AAO runs cooler as well, but will find out once I've installed the good tool Fancontrol. I'm looking for and trying drivers what makes it all work fine. After that I make a backup to play around with the registry to tweak it a little more for the AAO w/SSD.

Guest, Oct 3, 2008
  4. Guest

nunomeneses

coooolll :D

nunomeneses, Oct 3, 2008
  5. Guest

xyz

What are the advantages of running vista on FAT32 as opposed to running it on NTFS? I got tinyvista on NTFS and it's running semi-slow(probably because I only have 512MB ram).

xyz, Oct 3, 2008
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

@@xyz: Speed...and with ssd that is what you need...cant use the xtra writingcycles from NTFS. NTFS is more stable though. But this install starts to become more fast with every extra tweak done....I'm positively suprized...especially as you know I have tinyxp as well what runs fast.

Guest, Oct 3, 2008
  7. Guest

legendus

Hi

I have installed the Ron version of XP. I must say that it works perfectly. But Im spanish and I would like to have the keyboard layout in spanish... so how can I do that? I have tried with no success to install MUI of microsoft. Thank you!

legendus, Oct 3, 2008
  8. Guest

nunomeneses

Ok so this is what you can do to install any language that you need in layout keyboad.

First you have a copy of complete Windows XP in the language you want the layout and it helps if you have a external cd drive.

This is an example of how to install portuguese keyboard so there are 2 specific things you need to change when is another language: File kbdpo.dll you have to find what file's your language and when executing the command line change the code 00000816 to the code of your language and that's it!

- Copy Intl.inf to folder windows\inf and kbdpo.dll to folder windows\system32

- Go to command line Start > Run > "cmd" and execute this:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.BASIC.INSTALL 00000816 %WINDIR%\inf\intl.inf

Then it will install all that it needs. In this process you need a bunch of files of windows cd so if you have a cd drive helps...

- Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language options

- Click on tab Languages e and then Details

- Click ADD and then find Input language for what you want and click ok, the keyboard layout/IME should change to what you want, if not just change it on the icon.

And that's it reboot and you have it done!

nunomeneses, Oct 3, 2008
  9. Guest

Midori

I think i can help you with that i have to piddle with this crap since i dl to many japanese games :p

good job ron looks like it is coming along real well keep the presistence up!

Ok Legend here is how you do it go into control panel select regional and language settings then select the tab marked languages and then the button listed as details aslong as it is not removed in his XP install you should be able to switch to inputting spanish characters let me know if it works!

Got a little of the info from here if you need it! http://scottledyard.wordpress.com/2007/ ... d-spanish/

Midori, Oct 4, 2008
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

@legendus: Lassik on this board changed to Finnish through Microsoft Update -> look/search for spannish keyboard layout -> update/download/install the driver -> then follow the clear written steps as written on Midori's weblog.

TinyVista has a small tool to change the language and keyboard. eXpirienCe took them fully out in TiyXP.

Guest, Oct 4, 2008
  11. Guest

nunomeneses

Hi Ron! So how is the process there? :D

nunomeneses, Oct 5, 2008
  12. Guest

Midori

Yeah! How Is It???

Midori, Oct 5, 2008
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Today someone played with my AAO (vistafat32) no problems at all -> battery live seems a little less than the XP version (15-20min less approx 170 -180 minutes) wireless seems a stronger connection. Shutdown about 20 sec. Boot 45 sec --> need to tune that further -> responsiveness Vista: quite ok and smooth.

Guest, Oct 5, 2008
  14. Guest

Midori

you sicko.......thats good news i may actually have to get situated with a install of vista never really been a big fan maybe a low proc xp install for true gaming and a vista install for school browsing apps and light gaming :D

Midori, Oct 5, 2008
  15. Guest

nunomeneses

nunomeneses, Oct 6, 2008
  16. Guest

jbmilman

Ron we are dying for an update!

Your TinyXP image was great, please tell us you will have a TinyVista image soon :cool:

Cant wait for it!

jbmilman, Oct 20, 2008
  17. Guest

nunomeneses

Same here!

nunomeneses, Oct 20, 2008
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

Patience ppl...working hard on other stuff...but so far I still think XP is the way to go with windows on the AAO (I use that all the time), when I put my image of TinyVista back to do some more work on it, it becomes slower, not to much anymore but still slower. The eyecandy of course is a lot better on Vista. But you can achieve that as well on XP with i.e Vistamizer.

But of course i will keep trying to get some more progress on VISTA. But yet it is still not a satifying OS for me to promote any image of it (YET). :mrgreen: But will keep you'll posted.

gr.
    Ron

Guest, Oct 21, 2008
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok I have made a good image now to work further on......I think I can make more progress on speed with some tuning I've found on the net....now I need to find the right combo of them...I would like to keep the eye candy fully operational. I need to buy a SDHC card to see what advantages I can get from this card in ReadyBoost or just as extended SSD drive with higher speed. This could be a good and cheap upgrade of your SSD if and when VISTA is "mandatory" for you.

Because of some problems at my work I have to lay this project on the selves for about 3 weeks before finishing this project and my conclusions about Vista on AAO. But will most probably write this on the Blog, which is mentioned in my sign.

gr Ron

Guest, Oct 29, 2008
  20. Guest

darktiger

Looking forward to it....

darktiger, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question