TinyVista v02 SP1 working on FAT32

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok here is the deal......I've looked into Windows 7 and that succesor of Vista look far more promising. So, I will stop my work on TinyVista for now and get back to do some more work on the TinyXP version.....getting "readyBoost" working ont XP....some extra tweaks and more programs and enable windows update in FireFox for all who needed an other language pack :lol: . And I will make it Vista look and Feel to.

Anyhow Vista was never a OS I have choosen for or will choose....XP still rules.

Guest, Nov 12, 2008
  2. Guest

nngomes

I already installed the windows update add-on into firefox but o CAN´T use it.

The windows update fails when trying to download the windows genuine advantage, so im stuck with the default keyboard... butm im portuguese.

Anyone knows why i can´t run windows update?

nngomes, Nov 13, 2008
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

@nngomes....you updated FireFox to 3.0.4? Having problems with it now and working on it.

Guest, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Guest

nngomes

Hi Ron!

Thanks for the asnwer and no, i didn´t update Firefox. The only thing i did was download the windows update add-on for firefox.

Are you saying that i HAVE to update to 3.0.4?

I really must update to portuguese keyboard and none of the other methods i found works.

Thanks!

p.s. - i have also a problem with constant freezes (2 or 3 seconds). Any ideas for that?

nngomes, Nov 13, 2008
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

No dont update....just putted a fresh image (as you have) on my machine firefox 3.0.4 installed the WindowsUpdate and it works flawless (3.0.4. is more difficult)
    Look at the blog I gave a link to portable ie 7 to do the windows update.

the other problem I do not understand...not having that problem....still 512RAM?......what Bios?......Installed programs that eat a lot of the reading/writing time to and from
    the ssd

Guest, Nov 13, 2008
  6. Guest

Tex

I get the same freezing as nngomes, I have added nothing to your image and have 1 gig of ram.

Tex, Nov 13, 2008
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

@nngomes....go for portuguese keyboard to blog in my sign...there you find 2 files and small instruction to get the portuguese keyboard.....2 minutes max! :p

Guest, Nov 13, 2008
  8. Guest

nngomes

Ron,
    as you already know, you portuguese keyboard layout fix worked PERFECTLY! Thanks again for that!

However, as i said in your blog, the windows update still doesn´t work, even with the default firefox (with windows update add-on installed) or with IE7 Portable Edition.

Not a big problem, since you already solved my keyboard problem (the reason i was trying to do the windows update).

Thanks!

nngomes, Nov 14, 2008
  9. Guest

nngomes

Tex,

does it happens when you play movies or music? In mine, it doesn´t, only the regular stuff freezes... web browsing, opening documents, etc...

nngomes, Nov 14, 2008
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Nuno......disable D2D in your bios! :mrgreen:

The windows update issue I read...I cant reproduce that error....reinstalled original image back yesterday...installed the add-on WindowsUpdate.....and it updated just fine.....looks like a small thing though...maybe windows update site has/had problems, like sometimes happen with MSN that some areas cant connect or maybe the add on for firefox needs to be updated. Will keep an eye on this.

BTW I hope to get V2 ready of this install...added: some more tweaks/SDHC reader seen as extension HDD/Vista LookALike..the eyecandy from Vista/VLC player/most probably will add a folder on desktop with some keyboard layout files for easy change (UK/Portuguese/Italian/France/Spanish/German). when interested keep an eye on the blog!

Guest, Nov 14, 2008
  11. Guest

nngomes

Damn it! I understood that i SHOULDN´T disbale D2D in bios!!!

I´ll google for it and do that, thanks!

About the windows update... maybe i should install everything again to see if it works. The steps are (see if im correct):

After installing xp with your image, imediatly launch firefox and install windows update add-on (i can´t let firefox update itself to a newer version, right?).

After that, go to tools, windows update and it should work, right?

On a side note: i got skype and messenger live (latest version) working perfectly, with sound and image!

nngomes, Nov 14, 2008
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Nuno,

That is correct...I did the same yesterday again to work on V2 (and just checked if windows updates work It did) but I saw that FireFox didnt excepted cookies as it should....so adjust that as well in properties of firefox. change ask every time to till they expire....accept cookies..accept 3rd party cookies to yes. Don't upgrade your firefox!!!

Let me know if D2D disabling works for you in regard to the freezing.....Mine is disabled since the beginning :mrgreen: If not your SSD becomes slower and that seems to be the problem with the freezing stuff!

Guest, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question