TinyVista wireless problems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by davidbrown2, May 3, 2009.

1. davidbrown2

davidbrown2

Hi there, i recently installed TinyVista on my A110 and it runs fine, everything works perfectly except the wireless.

It will connect intermittently and then it will just drop it, it won't even recognise te wireless card as being there, just zilch, the only way to solve this currently is to turn off the computer completely and reboot, which is annoying if i am downloading a large file.

It isn't the switch either, that just stops working also.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

(also, thanks for those who helped me to get TinyVista installed in the first place, you guys rock :cool: )

davidbrown2, May 3, 2009
  2. davidbrown2

Vapourstreak

that happened to me too , but after i uninstalled bittorrent , it worked fine again . is it a program you have installed ?

Vapourstreak, May 21, 2009
  3. davidbrown2

davidbrown2

Nope, don't have Bittorrent installed... could it be to do with the driver i used? it was the one out of the multi-driver package located somewhere on this forum. Not sure whether that's the correct driver for it (one off acer's website seems not to work...)

Thanks for the reply anyway dude, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, i've been away for the past few days :)

davidbrown2, May 24, 2009
  4. davidbrown2

Tamrac

Yes, it's the driver. Do a search on the drivers section for the latest Atheros drivers. The older ones have this disappearing wifi card issue. Cheers.

Tamrac, May 24, 2009
  5. davidbrown2

gelerium

Yeah I got the same problem!

What you need to do is to NOT instal the driver from acer's site. Just open the zip or whatever it is and grab the drivers... After this I still got problems conecting after rebot and sleep modus so I took a adaware scan and it removed som system files I never seen before and I don't have the problem anymore....

Anyway for most users the not installing and just grabbing the drivers from the folder works fine... Just remember to remove the old files or you wil get a bigger mess to clean up :)

gelerium, May 26, 2009
Ask a Question