Tips and Advice Starting Out with the 1410-8803

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Reece, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Reece

Reece

Hi Everyone,

Great Forum, Just got a Aspire 1410-8803 core 2 solo with 3gb of ram and its not running too well.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the best out of the system. Anything i should de before i start install progams onto it. I'd like to be able to run progams such as Ableton Live, Reason, Tracktor, Serato on it.

So far I've just uninstalled most of the crap it comes with (think i will also get rid of McAffe and run a smaller Virus Protection, Any Ideas?). Its running Vista Home but came with a free upgrade to 7. Should i upgrade or will that just effect me performance more. If i should, will it make any difference if i start to install programs before i upgrade to 7.

Any tips or ideas woud really hep out. thanks.

Reece, Nov 24, 2009
  2. Reece

Scott88

I just got the same machine yesterday.

One thing that bugged me about it (and other acer netbooks) was the fan noise ... always on, sometimes high, sometimes lower.. If you work in a very quiet place the noise is always noticeable ... so .. I searched for fan control software and found one called AA1FanControl . It's says it's only for Acer Aspire One's but it seems to work just fine on the 1410.

Now the fan cuts in only sometimes (you set the temp). If I'm just browsing or word processing the fan is off 85% of the time.

You'll want to research to see what safe temps are ... I found that the SU3500 solo has a Max operating temp of 100 degrees celcius. I set the fan control to come on at 62 and shut off at 52.

... Also.. for virus protection I use Avast .. don't know about the upgrade to Win7 .. I have disks on the way .. was disappointed to see upgrade was not a download..

Right now though, with the fan control, I really, really like this little machine. It's silent most of the time and everything seems to operate very well (movies, music etc, haven't tried any heavy-duty games..)

Scott88, Jan 5, 2010
  3. Reece

MaLfUnCtIoN

go with 7 definitely.the difference between my 751h running vista and it running 7 is night and day. as for anti virus i run microsoft essentials and it is just fine. between that and the built in windows defender firewall i have no problem keeping my netbook clean and clear.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Jan 7, 2010
Ask a Question