Tired of adjusting screen brightness (charger/battery)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Beldar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Beldar

Beldar

When I start the computer and have the charger connected I have to turn down the screen brightness a few steps because I don't like bright screens. When I unplug the charger the screen brightness goes down to a minimum so then I have to adjust it ones again, but this time a few steps up. This is a bit annoying. Any solutions to my "problem"?

Beldar, Aug 6, 2008
  2. Beldar

Beldar

Anyone?

Beldar, Aug 11, 2008
  3. Beldar

ds1gig

bump

ds1gig, Feb 6, 2009
  4. Beldar

mattytee

mattytee, Feb 6, 2009
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. Beldar

vinaya

This usually happens when you have power saver mode on your computer. When you disconnect power, the computer adjusts to power saver mode thus your screen brightness is lowered. Try to check the power option of your computer.

vinaya, Jun 25, 2016
  6. Beldar

SirJoe

It sounds to me like the energy management settings. Most laptops have a energy management program that allows you to adjust the screen brightness when ever the computer is connected to a socket or running on battery power.

SirJoe, Jun 25, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  7. Beldar

remnant

When you switch your computer to power saver mode, make sure to adjust other settings to reflect the same for instance, peripheral applications like bluetooth radio. The simplest solution is to assign a hotkey to this function which can also apply to the keyboard backlight.

remnant, Sep 23, 2016
  8. Beldar

IcyBC

I customized the brightness of my laptop in settings and ticked the boxes that I want. This setting comes with every laptop, I believe. I did what @mattytee and @SirJoe said and set it to how I like it to be.

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2016
    SirJoe likes this.
  9. Beldar

SirJoe

For a quick adjustment there are the two buttons on the top, in my case it's the F11 and F12 buttons but I'm not sure if it's the same for all computers. That could help to do a quick adjustment.

SirJoe, Sep 24, 2016
  10. Beldar

clair02

I've just had the same problem with my laptop as you, and I went into the display settings and adjusted the brightness to how I wanted it. Whether it's on charge or not, there is little difference to me. It might be a little too bright for the good of my eyes, but that's the settings that I'm comfortable with.

clair02, Sep 25, 2016
Ask a Question