TORRENT FILES

Discussion in 'Linux' started by giorgos_dk, Dec 3, 2008.

1. giorgos_dk

giorgos_dk

I want to download torrent files for with my Acer Aspire One (linpus) laptop. How i can do that? I have to download a specific program or something?
    Thank you

giorgos_dk, Dec 3, 2008
  2. giorgos_dk

flamingswrd

Yes, but there are some concerns about torrenting that I hope you have taken into account first...I'll just assume you know them. First, you will need to activate the advanced mode so you can get to the add/remove programs option (there are a few posts that will help you with that; try the search bar *points up*)
    The next step is rather simple: browse the available programs for a torrent program. Azures (I am 100% sure I spelled this wrong) will work, but is a resource hog. There are other simpler ones...I haven't used anything but utorrent, so I wouldn't know (and it will only run under WINE, which is also available from the add/remove programs menu).

Good luck and have fun.

flamingswrd, Dec 3, 2008
  3. giorgos_dk

Elllipsis

Transmission is a lightweight client that is available with with the add/remove tool.

Deluge is personally my favorite one for linux since it is reasonably lightweight and feature rich...not sure if it is available for Linpus.

Elllipsis, Dec 3, 2008
  4. giorgos_dk

scottw22

I used Deluge when I was still using the acer linpus. It can easily be installed from a terminal prompt. You can use the aforementioned advanced menu hack make accessing the terminal a breeze. From there it's just a couple commands away.

Code:
    su -
    (password)
    yum install deluge
    The same would probably work for transmission as well. I'm not using linpus any more so I can't be sure.

scottw22, Dec 5, 2008
Ask a Question