Toshiba 1.8" HDD Installed!!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by TRUTI, Jan 30, 2009.

1. TRUTI

TRUTI

Hi All,
    I successfully installed the Toshiba MK4006GAL Drive onto the Aspire one and have been having the setup for couple of days. Thanks to tnkgrl for her useful post on the same. I followed her exactly.

Furthermore, over the weekend I would install the 4 port USB HUB which I have ordered thro' ebay. 2 of the 4 will be taken up by the BT & GPS dongles. Oh n BTW, I have got them too. I will keep you updated on this as soon as I get the machine running.

Specs:
    AOA ZG5 8GB SSD - (Most crappy SSD in the world) replaced with 40 GB HDD.
    nLited - Win XP SP3
    Office 2k7 (cool presentations)
    Most of every day2day software.

I am from Bangalore, India and had got my AOA (named her TRUTI - Sanskrit for cute) outside India. I almost got a 40% off on the quoted price here. It retails at around $500 here. The Customs duty in India is very very prohibitive...

If you ask me how the performance is after the mod, I would say "wow" is not the word. The seek speeds of the HDD is way better and WinXP experience is very satisfying. All the references are made with the earlier crappy 8GB SSD only.

TRUTI, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question