Total Newbie

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Novice, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Novice

Novice

Hello all, I come here after buying the Acer Aspire One A110L White N270 512MB 8GB 8.9" Net Book

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-6391.aspx

I have never used another Operating System before and I am finding it hard to understand how to do certain things.

I only really want to use it for surfing the net when I go away camping, and to do this I Want to use a Mobile Broadband dongle from Three, and I would like to use a Instand Message program, I have tried to log on the IM program that is on the notebook but these fails and I get an error message about protocol.

Can anyone tell me how to do these things please? Or if they are able to be done.

Thanks

Matt

Novice, Oct 26, 2008
  2. Novice

melhiore

Matt - all this forum is actually big AA1 Bible. Just read and ask the questions in existing threads if you do not know something or it's not clear enough for you but do not expect someone will give you universal receipt for using AA1 in one thread... ;)

melhiore, Oct 26, 2008
  3. Novice

Jaik

I had the same error message about an unsupported protocol when I first used the Messenger software. Trying going to Settings and running the Live Update (I think that's what it's called), that seemed to fix things for me.

Jaik, Oct 26, 2008
  4. Novice

Novice

Hi, thanks for replying, I did a live update and I still cant get on to the MSN logon with my hotmail address, I just keep getting the protocol error. Its frustrating

Does anyone know how to update the version of Fire Fox to version 3?

Novice, Oct 26, 2008
  5. Novice

karenbee

karenbee, Oct 26, 2008
  6. Novice

Novice

ALso someone said you can switch on 'Advanced mode' so you see a 'desktop' and not the icon things thats you get

Novice, Oct 26, 2008
Ask a Question