Total Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gozzy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gozzy

gozzy

Sorry but total NOOB to this linpus linux lark :eek: :eek:

A couple of questions and i apologise if they've been answered before but had a little search and it got a bit confused.

Have just bought the AAO 8.9 160gb HD from ASDA and love this little beauty but need a couple of upgrades

1. memory, is it worth the hastle of upgrading as I dont intend putting xp on it as it runs fine with the existing OS ????

2. Bluetooth, I fancy one of those mini BT usb adaptors( £6-7) how do I go about getting it recognized and is there an idiot (litteraly) guide :lol:
    and what can you then do with it ? would it connect to my HTC diamond and could I use it as a modem for internet access ??

3. Mobile broadband, how easy is it to connect up using a USB dongle?

4. Sofware, whats out there that I can install wouldnt mind some more games

Sorry for so many questions but appreciate any help anyone can give (it might save me some paracetemols :lol: )

gozzy, Mar 19, 2009
  2. gozzy

steven.chien

Hi!

1)upgrading RAM is troublesome, and Linpus should run fine under 512MB(I suppose you got this right)? I got 1G and Linpus usually only use up less that 512
    2)go to this site: www.acer.com/aspireone/updates Choose files, and download and install the BlueZ, it is a bluetooth driver for Linpus, not sure if you can pair with your phone
    3)It is possible to use mobile broadband through USB, run Live update, and there should be something called Mobile partner appear in the section 'connect', it is used to deal with usb modems
    4)There are plenty of software, especially games on the site www.acer.com/aspireone/updates, explore yourself!

:)

steven.chien, Mar 22, 2009
  3. gozzy

gozzy

Cheers Steven
    Downloaded and installed and now Bluetooth works...........to a degree

click on the icon browse device and select phone it goes to another screen (which I dont seem to be abble to get out of, unless I restart)

Trying to pair with phone (HTC diamond ) and I get "couldn't display obex://[00:17:e8:60:48:88] . check if service is available.

Now the strange thing is the daughters Samsung Tocca works fine

I think I'm missing something or is its coz its windows ( does the same to PC when trying to connect)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

gozzy, Mar 22, 2009
  4. gozzy

steven.chien

I am not an expert in this area, may be some Linux expert can answer your question, you should go to the Bluetooth section. Also, from what I saw on this forum, people not only you, also got difficulties on using bluetooth.

steven.chien, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question