Touch screen laptops, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by AntonioCalcano, Sep 15, 2016.

1. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano

I believe they are good for everyday use but I think they might be uncomfortable after a while and you will have to keep cleaning your screen very often because it will get very dirty with all the tapping. For most users I think they are very practical but for more experienced users I think they are just a novelty and will prefer regular laptops (touchpad+keyboard) of course you usually will have both (touchpad+keyboard option) and touchscreen option so it shouldn't be much of a deal.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 15, 2016
  2. AntonioCalcano

Elektron

This is the first time that I hear about a touchscreen laptop, it definitely sounds like an odd thing, for real. It would be really annoying to use a laptop that has a touchscreen, I just thought of the screen being pushed backward as I touch it, it would be really odd, indeed. I really consider that I wouldn't ever buy one of those. That's just my opinion though.

Elektron, Sep 15, 2016
  3. AntonioCalcano

BlueText

I think a touch screen would be fine if you are just swiping through screens. But I can't imagine dealing with it when you work on you computer. I can barely stand to have a streak on my screen. I have tablet and while it's fun to play on, I couldn't work on it effectively.

BlueText, Sep 15, 2016
  4. AntonioCalcano

clair02

I am hearing about it for the first time too. Maybe I've been living under a rock. But the concept is a really exciting one for me. I would definitely get one, if I could afford it. I think it would make for more ease of use seeing as I spend most of my time on my laptop.

clair02, Sep 15, 2016
  5. AntonioCalcano

Humphrey247

It's the first I've heard of it too. Honestly, I don't see how any of it adds value, it's just doing what we use our tablets and smartphones for. There was talk a while back of phones and tablets gaining a bigger market share than laptops. This is probably a move by the laptop manufacturers to try and regain some of the market.

Humphrey247, Sep 15, 2016
  6. AntonioCalcano

clair02

Maybe you're right, it could just be a strategy for gaining back market share. But as a person who spends almost 12 hours each day on my laptop, I have to say it will make a big difference in how I conduct my work. I'm personally looking forward to it.

clair02, Sep 18, 2016
  7. AntonioCalcano

abonnen

I have had one once (when they were first coming out) and I hated it, it was always dirty and I opted for the keyboard on it and not the touch screen most of the time. I like my tablet but I only use it like 3-4 times a month (when it charged lol).

abonnen, Sep 18, 2016
  8. AntonioCalcano

clair02

I can see how the screen might be a problem, what with you having to clean it every two minutes, but I think that it's a small price to pay for having the convenience of faster and easier laptop use. I personally won't have a problem with it. In fact, I'm looking for one to buy right now. I know it will make my work that much easier.

clair02, Sep 21, 2016
  9. AntonioCalcano

Corzhens

A touch screen laptop is like a tablet. That's how I perceive it since I haven't seen a touch screen laptop yet. With my experience in tablet, I don't see any negative with a touch screen since the surface is easy to clean. Just a slightly wet cloth can do the cleaning. And I have to admit that a touch screen laptop is a nice novelty although for business purposes, the usual laptop is for me.

Corzhens, Sep 21, 2016
  10. AntonioCalcano

Aree Wongwanlee

A touch-screen? That would be good. Gets dirty with finger marks? That's what I thought, too, with smartphones. I held off getting a smartphone long after just about everyone I know had already got one simply because I was averse to getting finger marks on the screen. When I finally got a smartphone and started using it, I found my fears unfounded. Of course, there were some finger marks but nothing which cannot be removed with a simple wipe. Same goes for touch screens on laptops, I am sure.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 21, 2016
  11. AntonioCalcano

clair02

After reading this thread I made the decision to get myself a new touch screen laptop, and I'm so excited, I can't wait. I'm still trying to research and find out as much as I can about which one would be the best option for me, but as soon as I'm sure, I'm getting myself one. I know it will be great to use for my work and it will make web navigation that much easier for me.

clair02, Sep 23, 2016
  12. AntonioCalcano

remnant

A touchscreen laptop can be bothersome especially when one is typing due to the tendency to hit the area between buttons or the wrong eight or letter and one ends up typing the wrong thing. Not to mention the issue of breakage in case of a misshap and you find that the screen is expensive. Added to this is the fact that they are taxing on the batteries which means a shorter battery life.

remnant, Sep 23, 2016
  13. AntonioCalcano

acerme2

When I bought my laptop two years ago, I've already seen touch screen laptop models. They were priced way more than regular laptops and since I had budget constraints, I settled for a laptop with basic specs. I figured that if I had that much funds, I'll put it towards a laptop with better specs like 8GB RAM, 1TB HD, 15.6 screen, and a gaming graphics card.

acerme2, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question