Touch Typing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got my aspire one yesterday and got a chance to pay with it. My biggest hesitation about buying this computer was whether or not the keyboard is actually large enough to type on.

You can easily touch type on the aspire one.

Its tight, but not uncomfortable and if anyone out there was turned off by a 85% keyboard they should not be concerned. I have stubby, sausage fingers and I was able to pull off 60 wpm (which is my normal).

My only concern is that the space bar sits lower than the touchpad making it take more effort than normal to push it down. But the problem is easily adjusted for. I also found it interesting that the @ and the " are switched.

Guest, Jul 31, 2008
  2. Guest

Sid

Did you sort out your keyboard mapping?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Guest

Kallethen

I've gotta say that I'm quite impressed with how well the keyboard is for touch typing. Not just the size of the keys, but they all feel very responsive to me. Can't say I've had your problem with the @ and " keys; all work the way they should for me.

Kallethen, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Guest

Sid

Quite a few folk had keyboard mapping issues " and @.
    The forum seems to be quieter on those issues now.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  5. Guest

atarione

I can touch type pretty well w/ my AAO, however I have to turn the track pad off when typing anything too long as I always bump it and end up typing in the wrong place w/ the trackpad on.

atarione, Aug 22, 2008
  6. Guest

Sid

For all those who missed it, the F7 key toggles touch pad availability.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I can type pretty easily on it however i find it a lot easier to just use my index and middle fingers and also to sort of elevate my fingers more than I would on a normal keyboard. All in all it's fine and took me like 5 minutes tops to get used to it

Guest, Aug 22, 2008
  8. Guest

bjc

Yes I missed it - and accidentally touching the pad while typeing as a real pain.
    Thanks to Sid

bjc, Aug 22, 2008
  9. Guest

Sid

Ha ha, I remembered it after learning a valuable lesson.......... I accidentally turned it off for five minutes, this act left me thinking I had broken my One :)

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

The mixed up keys was a result of the UK versus US keyboard bug. The fix posted on this forum works perfectly, as I imagine the patch from Acer also fixed.

Guest, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question