Touchpad button failure

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by illingd, Jun 8, 2009.

1. illingd

illingd

I'm having trouble with the click buttons of my AAO touchpad. The left button seems to have stopped working and a tap on the pad also does not work as a click; the right button is OK at the moment, though I have had problems with that sometimes. Some of the time everything is fine. Is this a hardware problem? or could it be software -- is there any way to give the mouse functions a kick or to do a diagnostic check? An external usb mouse works fine. (This is a 110Ab running Linpus)

illingd, Jun 8, 2009
  2. illingd

libssd

This started happening to me last week. I believe it's caused by an incompletely seated connector for the touchpad (mine travels a lot on a motorcycle, so it gets jostled a bit). It's not hard to pry the keyboard loose and reset the connector. BUT... beware: this will void your warranty. I tried doing this, and tried to remove the keyboard ribbon cable (unnecessary), and broke the ribbon connector. Acer tech support responded that repair would be $449 + parts and shipping. If you don't muck with it, you should be able to send it in under a warranty claim; expect it to be gone for about 10 days.

libssd, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question