TouchPad MultiTouch ??

Discussion in 'Linux' started by teewee, Sep 3, 2008.

1. teewee

teewee

teewee, Sep 3, 2008
  2. teewee

annafil

The answer to that is complicated. The hardware supports multi touch (its being used on windows installs already, and i tried it myself on xp running on the 8gb aao). The problem is the driver for linux doesn't recognize that the hardware supports multi touch, even though the driver supports multi touch and the hardware does too.

I wrote to the driver developer, but have yet to receive a response.

annafil, Sep 9, 2008
  3. teewee

Casao

This is exactly what I was coming in to say, down to attempting to contact the driver developer.

The touchpad is indeed multitouch, and the perl scripts will work flawlessly, but the driver only reads a single finger - support for the model needs to be added. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about driver hacking, but I would guess it doesn't require anything beside telling it to recognize this model as multitouch. It might be something we can get with the EEE group about.

More than likely though, we're going to have to wait for Acer to put the drivers out.

Casao, Sep 10, 2008
  4. teewee

nx_911_turbo

Has there been any luck with this yet?

nx_911_turbo, Oct 2, 2008
  5. teewee

annafil

Nope. I've been testing all the latest upcomingdistributions with bleeding edge stuff, like Intrepid and Mandriva 2009 - nada...

annafil, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question