Touchpad no longer working - Aspire One D250

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by HMCHI, May 15, 2012.

1. HMCHI

HMCHI

My touchpad had been working all along until yesterday, when I plugged in a USB mouse .. The computer popped up some kind of warning saying there seems to be a conflict between the synaptics PS/2 Port touchpad and the mouse. Then the touchpad no longer works. The mouse continues to work.

I have even used the Acer e-recovery utility to restore the computer to the factory condition .. still the touchpad did not work. I then went to the internet to download the driver for synaptics touchpad and installed it. It still did not work ..

At least now the device manager says that the mouse is synaptics PS/2 Port touchpad. Before I did the e-recovery, it showed PS/2 compatible mouse.

HMCHI, May 15, 2012
  2. HMCHI

PCNetSpec

If you've restored it to factory default, and it's still hanging onto the change .. I can only assume that the DMI (Desktop Management Interface) data has been changed in the BIOS.

In the D250's BIOS, is there an option to "Clear DMI Pool Data" or "Reset Configuration Data" or similar ?

Have you tried this .. Shut down, then remove both the AC power lead and the battery, then hit the "Power" button (to discharge any remaining current) .. now replace the battery and AC lead, and power up.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    PCNetSpec, May 15, 2012
  3. HMCHI

HMCHI

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried .. They do have the F2 key during booting to get into BIOS, but there is no such provision to reset to factory condition .. I went through what they have .. they basically allow changing the clock and date and what kinds of booting options are enabled, etc.

Any other suggestions ? Is there a way to send this kind of question to the Acer factory engineers ?

Thanks

HMCHI, May 15, 2012
Ask a Question