Touchpad not working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by maly82, Jun 29, 2009.

1. maly82

maly82

I have a problem with my touchpad.
    Couple days ago mu left hard button of touchpad stopped working. I'm using Windows XP Home and Ubuntu Network Remix 9.04. My touchpad is also not working. I can still move it but double tap on it does nothing. It is not a softrware problem as i know, cause i've tried to restart it, swich off and on back again but also take off battery, update BIOS and even 4 different distros of linux on pendrive and all symptoms was the same. It acts as left button of mouse is pushed in all time. However in Synaptic Driver options under Windows i have dissabled buttons, and touchpad started working - but now i can't use the right mouse button.

Can anyone of you experienced same or similar problem please send some advice.

My AOA150a is not even a year old.

maly82, Jun 29, 2009
  2. maly82

sailoryue

might be a driver problem. open the synaptics pointing device properties and uninstall the mouse driver... restart and it will reinstall itself.

sailoryue, Jun 29, 2009
  3. maly82

Steve538

I had the same problem. The first time it corrected itself. The second time no luck so I started using
    an external mouse. Finally I go tired of that solution and decided to fix it.
    First free up the keyboard (video on YouTube), but don't disconnect.
    Next the touchpad connector is at the bottom. Try reseating the cable.
    It worked for me hope it helps you.

Steve538, Aug 29, 2009
Ask a Question