Touchpad not working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Ping, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Ping

Ping

I bought an AAO 150 Linux and installed XPPro.

Downloaded the drivers from the Acer web site and the touchpad and everything else worked.

Installed a USB device for keyboard and mouse which linked to a KVM which worked.

Took this out and the touchpad no longer works. USB mouse taken from main computer allows me to input this.

If I delete the driver for the tp then XP picks the same driver back up again, requires a re-boot and does not work.

Any suggestiions to resolving this most welcome.

Ping, Dec 11, 2008
  2. Ping

thomez

I have the same issue, now that I've used my external usb mouse for a while I noticed that the touchpad no longer works at all

thomez, Jan 10, 2009
  3. Ping

Ldroamer

My touchpad doesn't work either. Have the windows xp version of the Aspire One. It worked fine for the past 6 months and now has stopped. Lie the original poster said if I unistall the software windows correctly detects its presence and installs the correct driver but it fails to work. Just completely dead. Perhaps not a huge loss given how poor it is but it is nice to have for those odd moments when an external mouse is not convenient. It feels to me like some sort of a driver conflict or maybe a bios issue. I am using the latest bios. Any ideas?

Ldroamer, Jan 11, 2009
  4. Ping

Ldroamer

Update. I got mine working by reinstalling the bios. I had already updated to the 3309 bios off of the Macles site. I don't know if it matters but I downloaded a fresh copy of 3309 off the acer Canadian site (www.acer.ca). I believe Macles version is identical but I thought it wouldn't hurt to give the "official" one a go. In any event all I did was re-install the bios and reboot. It worked fine after that. Can't vouch if it will work for you but it did the trick for me.

Ldroamer, Jan 11, 2009
  5. Ping

Ldroamer

Just after my last post I realized that my touchpad problem was likely my error all along. I am guessing that I accidentally turned it off with the FN+F7 combination. Any of you with no touch pad might just try that to see if it comes back to life. My guess is that all reflashing the bios did was reset it to its defaults.

Ldroamer, Jan 11, 2009
Ask a Question