touchpad scroll not working

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by beachbubbles, Mar 29, 2010.

1. beachbubbles

beachbubbles

I did a search but didn't find an answer. Hopefully I didn't miss it and this hasn't been asked to death.

Yesterday morning my touchpad wasn't working. In my half asleep, stupid state I missed the obvious (I had accidentally disabled it with the function key) and I reloaded the touchpad driver from Acer. Ever since then my scroll is disabled. I first downloaded it from Acer, then from Synaptics then I uninstalled the driver and restarted and let the computer search for the driver update on it's own. All 3 ended up being the same driver (as you would expect). I also tried to do a 'rollback' to my original driver. Nothing is working.

To make it stranger, it looks like the driver is for a mouse, not touchpad. In my CP there is now a pic of a mouse instead of a touchpad and the only scrolling option is speed- no sensitivity.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't think of anything else to try.

beachbubbles, Mar 29, 2010
  2. beachbubbles

beachbubbles

Did a system restore and my scroll is back. Yay!! It's running the Alps driver now instead of the Synaptics driver that's on the Acer site. Just wanted to update in case anyone else ever runs into this problem. I have an Aspire 4730z for the record.:)

beachbubbles, Mar 30, 2010
  3. beachbubbles

Jimux

Touchpad scrolling is checkbox enabled/disabled in the settings menu. You can individuallly select horizontal, vertical and circular scrolling. It probably reloaded with the boxes unchecked.

Jimux, Mar 30, 2010
Ask a Question