Touchscreen doesn't respond in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by wschoate3, Jan 20, 2009.

1. wschoate3

wschoate3

Ordered the solder-in USB touchscreen from fidohub on ebay some time ago and it was working great...that is, until I decided Windows 7 might be fun. Now I can't get it to respond to anything.
    In the touchkit software, I can't get the 4-point calibration, Linearization or Draw Test options to run. Either the buttons for them do nothing, or Touchkit freezes at "Reading Parameters" and then acts as though I'd never clicked anything. Also, under the Hardware tab, there is nothing under Controller Model or Firmware Version and the Hardware Setting button is inactive/gray.
    The USB Touchscreen shows up in the Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices as "USB Touchscreen Controller(Universal)" and says it's drivers are in order, too.
    Very odd. Anyone have an idea on how to make it work?

I have the drivers, but nothing is working.

wschoate3, Jan 20, 2009
  2. wschoate3

jerryt

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6278&p=61760&hilit=windows+7+touchscreen#p61760

fungflex wrote; "Also the drivers for Win 7 are pretty iffy and it doesn't formerly recognize that there is a touchscreen installed. However the touchscreen can be configured and calibrated within Windows XP and although Win 7 claims no touchscreen device is installed it certainly works correctly..."

jerryt, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question