Touhpad getting stuck?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by deebo, Sep 13, 2008.

1. deebo

deebo

Recently my touchpad has been getting stuck, i an use my tinyVista installation for couple hours and then the touchpad gets stuck.

Its like a single spot on the pad gets stuck and only rebooting helps...

(i do have the drivers installed, havent tried without them yet)

deebo, Sep 13, 2008
  2. deebo

deebo

ok it was a problem with the drivers

every time the scroll was activated it got stuck, without the drivers as a plain ps2 mouse it works fine

deebo, Sep 13, 2008
  3. deebo

Frojd

You have to use a vista-specific driver, all others that I've tried will stop working using the scroll. I use the generic driver from synaptics.

Frojd, Sep 14, 2008
  4. deebo

deebo

I installed vista specific drivers, and it still got stuck, im currently just using the plain ps/2 mouse driver (whih sadly doesnt support tapping the pad)

deebo, Sep 14, 2008
  5. deebo

Yoshiofthewire

You need to use the older touchpad driver off the vender's website

Yoshiofthewire, Sep 14, 2008
  6. deebo

Nosferatu

I had the same problem before I installed driver from http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

Nosferatu, Sep 14, 2008
  7. deebo

munkee

I have yet to try the drivers off of the Synaptics website but I do have it "just in case.

Now, when you do end the process from Task Manager, the mouse starts to work again but does not allow for the scrolling and other features built into the touch pad driver/software; as stated by someone else in another thread.

If you're willing to go without that functionality, why don't you (we) disable the Synaptics application from loading at start up?

Start > Run > type - msconfig

Press OK

Goto Start Up tab. You will find it in there. Un-check, restart, viola!

munkee, Nov 15, 2008
  8. deebo

wongnog

Nosferatu, what version of the driver is that link supposed to point to? The link appears dead. I thought it was maybe my touchpad not connected properly after I upgraded my ram, so I reseated it but am still having the "crashed touchpad" problem. I've already tried the latest drivers for Vista from the Synaptics website (v11.2.4.0), I've also tried the latest drivers for XP from the Acer website (v11.1.4). Actually my touchpad just got stuck now as I was typing this and I had to end process of SynTPEnh.exe. That recovered my touchpad and I was still able to tap the pad to click, so I will try removing SynTPEnh from my msconfig startup to see if that fixes the problem.

wongnog, Nov 21, 2008
Ask a Question