Track Pad Problems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Ranger Wolf, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Ranger Wolf

Ranger Wolf

Well I installed windows 7 on a smalelr 20 parition today, installed smoothly with no problems. now one problem has come up, my track pad.

every 2nd time i boot into windows 7, my track pad cannot "click" when i tap the track pad area. Instead I have to use the actual button. I've looked and i don't see a mention of anyone having this problem. While is is not a huge problem, its a majour inconvenience as i never even use my buttons otherwise. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: now that i think of it, first time i booted into the windows 7 install dvd, it didn't work there. I had to reboot as I missed reading something and it worked then.

Ranger Wolf, Jan 10, 2009
  2. Ranger Wolf

AdFad666

That was the same for me, I had to use the buttons on the initial installation. If you haven't already, install the latest vista drivers from http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers and everything will work fine.

AdFad666, Jan 10, 2009
  3. Ranger Wolf

Ranger Wolf

Thanks for the fix :)

Ranger Wolf, Jan 10, 2009
  4. Ranger Wolf

emiko

Sorry to drag this back up, but I've come across the same problem. Tried installing the Vista drivers per AdFad's suggestion, but doing that caused my touchpad to not track at all. Reinstalled Win7 only to loose the buttons as well.

My husband and I both install 7 last night- his worked fine... The only difference in our step-ups was that he was going from Vista to 7, and I from XP to 7. So, went and installed Vista and got the touchpad working again. Tried another install of 7, got it tracking and the buttons working, but still no tap = click- back to my original problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: N/m, the problem seems to have fixed itself.

emiko, Jan 13, 2009
Ask a Question