Trackpad

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am running Mandriva Gnome 2009 on my AAO hard drive model and I am quite impressed - much better than Linpus and reasonable boot time. I have 2 problems though.

1. The trackpad is just too fast for scrolling. Can this be slowed down or switched off?
    2. WiFi works fine on my home network, but although it recognized "The Cloud" in a McDonald's today, I couldn't get it to connect. My iPhone had no problem.

One other curiosity is that none of the video players will work if 3d desktop effects are turned on!
    Otherwise I am quite impressed. I would like to play around with it more but I need a backup and restore routine first!

Guest, Nov 17, 2008
  2. Guest

Elllipsis

I am not sure how the menus are laid out in Mandriva but in most Gnome distros there is a "Mouse" menu selection under system--->preferences.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the pointer there.

Elllipsis, Nov 18, 2008
  3. Guest

donec

I don't use the touch pad but just went and tried to change the setting for it and in the menu under system/preferences/mouse and was successful in changing the touch pad settings in Mandriva 2009 Gnome.

donec, Nov 18, 2008
  4. Guest

djg000111

I have the same problem when using the trackpad for scrolling. When I slide my finger up or down on the right side of the trackpad, the display scrolls vertically very rapidly. The adjustment for scrolling speed is not in the system preference -- mouse. I still like Mandrivia 2009 with Gnome better than Limpus.

djg000111, Nov 28, 2008
  5. Guest

rpkemp

Hmm, why the obsession with Gnome. if you people would only give KDE a try, you could install ksynaptics and use that to configure your touchpads. As it is, I suppose you'll have to install gsynaptics instead. Hmph.

rpkemp, Nov 28, 2008
Ask a Question