Travel Charger 20V / 2A - Ok for AAO?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Therket, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Therket

Therket

Hi,

I bought a travel charger for my AAO on ebay (stupid, again...). In contrast to the product description, it does not deliver 19V / 1,6A, but 20V / 2,0A. I mailed the vendor about replacing the unit, but he answered, that the charger is just fine and the difference comes from different measurement methods.

I'm a bit frightened to overvolt my AAO. Secondly, I don't know, if the current is managed inside the AAO, so that the charger has to deliver at least 1,6A or if the charger should limit the current flow?

What do you think?

Kind Regards
    Jens

Therket, Jan 8, 2009
  2. Therket

bjlockie

I don't have an answer but wattage = volts * amps.
    There are sellers on ebay selling 65W AC adapters that the title says are for the AAO but there is no mention of AAO in the description and the vendor didn't answer me.
    My guess is that your adapter will work fine.
    I'll ask my Dad who knows alot about electronics.

bjlockie, Feb 5, 2009
  3. Therket

bjlockie

My Dad said "It probably should, but don't hold me responsible if the laptop fails!".
    Not what I wanted to hear.
    At least 20V is close to 19V.

bjlockie, Feb 5, 2009
  4. Therket

acerventura

i would avoid these as not only is the voltage wrong but theyre poorly made also.
    Note:the barrell/plug is where there was a short (i stripped the plastic off to check)
    these 20V 2A travel chargers are the most common ones being sold, even right now & I dont get how an honest seller can sell these..

ive attached photos (sorry for the bad quality photo) notice how INPUT is spelled INTPUT :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dont see why acer cant supply travel chargers as standard, I mean its more practical...

BTW acer whats with the hi volts?? surely a small item like a netbook can be 12v or 15v why 19v? & these 3rd party chargers are like 20V :eek:

acerventura, Mar 3, 2009
  5. Therket

Scissors

Well that sucks.
    Here's my "Intput",
    swap all the components in there with better quality pieces. And use more sturdy wiring.

Also, I got a letter for you, it seems Jhonny 5 has "Intput" also.

[​IMG]
    INTPUT!!!LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm a big fan of Short Circuit. Sometimes it sounded like he said 'intput'.

EDIT: Omg! More Input
    That's hilarious!

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
Ask a Question