Travel Charger not working, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tarheel72, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Tarheel72

Tarheel72

I have noticed where others have purchased a travel charger off ebay, and some of you have purchased accessories from ebay seller "lee262online" I got a travel charger from him for $15 and it seems to be working, as the red light is on. Below are pics of the two, with the OEM on the left and the ebay version on the right. The plug looks like the right size compared to the OEM charger plug, and it fits tight enough. But the AAO doesn't switch to AC power it when it is plugged in. I did notice that the tips of the two are different, by that I mean there seems to be some plastic insert in the OEM tip that is missing from the ebay model. Have any of you ordered a travel charger off ebay and had this or similar problems, especially if you ordered it from lee262online?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tarheel72, Mar 14, 2009
  2. Tarheel72

JerryP

Looking at your picture of the business end of the plug, it appears that the center contact on the ebay device has a larger diameter than the Acer, which would explain why it's not working. It's not making contact.

JerryP, Mar 14, 2009
  3. Tarheel72

Joe Foe from Buffalo

I may be wrong...however....It looks like a HP laptop plug to me. Plus a HP charger does not have the same or may be better said enough output amps even though the power may be close enough @ 18.5dc ya need amps to charge.

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Mar 15, 2009
  4. Tarheel72

Tarheel72

Box is labeled Acer Aspire One and rated at 20V and 2 Amps. I agree with Jerry's comment, it does appear that way. But as no one else has mentioned this and since the outside size of the plug seems to be perfect I was confused. I have written to the seller and i will see what he has to say. But if anyone else has gotten a travel charger from him I would like to hear from you. Thanks

Tarheel72, Mar 15, 2009
  5. Tarheel72

Tarheel72

Wanted to post an update: The seller is checking with the factory to see where the mistake is, but regardless he refunded the entire purchase back to my PayPal account without me even asking for it. I think that speaks well of him and based on that I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

If I get any more info on the charger itself I will post.

Tarheel72, Mar 16, 2009
Ask a Question